Opening and closing of LANG vice in CNC using XYZ movements
Interface to robot using basic XYZ movements
The kit consist of 3 components
- LANG vice crank arm
- Spindle tool with: spring loaded vice closer and communication to control unit using XYZ movements
- Control unit IP68 sending commands to robot
The control unit can send 3 commands to robot
- Request new item. – Robot pick&place new item in vice
- OK to start CNC, Vice closing force in the expected range – Robot start CNC
- VICE ERROR, Vice closing force not in the expected range – Robot show error message.
Prerequisites for use:
The vice closer is extremely simple to install but has the following conditions of use:
- The CNC must have force monitoring and and be able to withstand the applied forces
- The CNC must have a working safety door there looks while CNC is running.
- Items thickness on clamping surfaces must be equal within +/- 0.15mm, crank arm adjusted horizontal at +/-0.05